01:119:115 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Intron, Ribozyme, Carboxylic Acid

24 views10 pages

Document Summary

Gene expression: process by which dna directs synthesis of proteins (sometimes rna) These diseases as group inborn errors of metabolism. Genes responsible for phenotypes (outward expression) a. i. 3. a. Recognized mendel"s laws apply to humans: beadle and tatum (1920s) b. i. Can live on minimal medium has few nutrients b. i. 2. Mold has pathways that can make the nutrients that it needs b. ii. Took mold bombarded it with x-rays b. ii. 1. Mutants unable to produce particular enzyme b. iii. 1. Function of gene can dictate function of one enzyme b. iv. 2. 17. 2: one gene one protein hypothesis (one gene one polypeptide) c. i. Genes provide instructions for producing specific protein: flow of genetic info d. i. Central dogma of molecular biology d. i. 1. d. i. 2. info. Suggested that there is unidirectional (one way) flow of genetic d. i. 3. Starts with dna rna protein d. ii. Process info from dna used to synthesize rna d. iii. Occur ribosomes use info from mrna and use that to synthesize polypeptides d. iii. 2.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers