School
Department
Course
Professor
Jenna Wyns
09/12/2016
PSY 207
Assignment #1
Completing tests about yourself, always reveals a part or parts of yourself. It can make you think
about life and in particular your own life or sometimes it confirms what you already know.
Before I did the Schedule of Recent Experience test I didn’t really know what to expect. I can be a
stressful person, but at the same time I can see events in their perspective, so I was exciting to
see what the result of the test would be. The test itself didn’t bring stress with it. It was more a
relaxing kind of thing to do. The test included many listed events, but a lot of them didn’t amply on
my life. There haven’t been many changes in my life. I’m still student and even around me there
have been no big changes. This also shows up in the results, there is a low chance of becoming
ill. I can’t really say that there was an area of difficulty, but I do know some techniques to reduce
stress. Try to calm down youre breathing, focus on something else than the even that causes the
stress, listen to music, try to do other activities,
The other test was Tactics for coping with Stress Inventory which includes common ways of
coping that people do when they find themselves in a stressful situation. The first one that I like is
getting involved in a hobby or interest that helps me unwind and enjoy myself. Running really
helps me to lose stress and it also opens up my mind for other ideas. It also makes you feel
better after youre done. This tactic is a healthy way to reduce the stress level.
Another tactic that I like is that I worry about the problem and I am afraid to do something about it.
This is a negative, less constructive tactic, unlike the one I described above. I can overthink some
problems, but eventually there is always a solution.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Completing tests about yourself, always reveals a part or parts of yourself. It can make you think about life and in particular your own life or sometimes it confirms what you already know. Before i did the schedule of recent experience test i didn"t really know what to expect. I can be a stressful person, but at the same time i can see events in their perspective, so i was exciting to see what the result of the test would be. The test itself didn"t bring stress with it. It was more a relaxing kind of thing to do. The test included many listed events, but a lot of them didn"t amply on my life. There haven"t been many changes in my life. I"m still student and even around me there have been no big changes. This also shows up in the results, there is a low chance of becoming ill.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers