BIOC 3300 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Diabetes Mellitus Type 1, Adipose Tissue, Very Low-Density Lipoprotein

24 views2 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 18 - integration of metabolism, tissue metabolic profiles, energy for exercise, diabetes type i. Glucose used by most tissues, insulin stimulated uptake of glucose into muscle and adipose tissue: what are effects of epinepherine in the liver, what is the major. Stimulate: glycogen synthesis, tg synthesis, vldl formation, cholesterol synthesis. Lpl activity (uptake of fa from chylomicrons and vldl) G-protein coupled receptors (alpha and beta adrenergic receptors) Muscle: increased glycogenolysis and glycolysis: what is a characteristic symptom of diabetes? hyperglycaemia because of defect or deficiency in insulin secretion, what diabetes is. Type i (juvenile) insulin- dependent: compare type 1 and type 2 diabetes: Treatment: describe the etiology of type i diabetes. Exposure to virus or toxin may start the process of -cell destruction in individuals with a genetic predisposition. Over a period of years, -cells are destroyed, resulting in decreased insulin production. When insulin secretory capacity falls below a threshold, the symptoms of type.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers