HD 422 Chapter 9-13: Module 3 Discussion 1

56 views2 pages

Document Summary

Mrs. johnson should respond to the parents by explaining that the children can learn the same things through hands on experiences as they would through curriculum based academics. She could reassure the worried parents by explaining that the children will be prepared for kindergarten by having learned all of the material children are expected to learn before kindergarten. If i was mrs. johnson, i would make sure that the hands on activities that children are performing are preparing them for the new kindergarten standards. I would also try to incorporate some curriculum or academics about these important areas that would be reinforced by the hands on activities. Personally, i feel that this is the best compromise between the states curriculum and the program"s previous commitment. I would also be concerned with keeping the program fully enrolled, but with the right advertisement and preparing children fully for kindergarten through these techniques over time that concern would not be as great.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers