IAT 267 Study Guide - Final Guide: Network Congestion, Buffer Overflow, Clock Rate

846 views5 pages

Document Summary

Explain the two key ideas for computer systems. Universal computing device: all computers, given enough memory and time, are capable of computing exactly the same things. Two computers, a and b, are identical except for the fact that a has a (cid:858)su(cid:271)tra(cid:272)t(cid:859) i(cid:374)stru(cid:272)tio(cid:374) a(cid:374)d. Both have (cid:858)add(cid:859) i(cid:374)stru(cid:272)tio(cid:374)s. both have i(cid:374)stru(cid:272)tions that can take a value and produce the negative of that value. Both computers, a and b, are capable of solving the same problems. Computer b can perform subtraction by taking the negative of the second number and adding it to the first one. B are otherwise identical, they are capable of solving the same problems. Describe one characteristic of natural languages that prevents them from being used as programming languages. Write a statement in a natural language and offer two different interpretations of that statement. Ambiguity one statement can be interpreted in many different ways.