SOC 110 Chapter 5: Communicating in Small Groups

70 views1 pages
Reading the different levels of need in this chapter, self-actualization can best describe my
journey to this point. Not necessarily joining a group for a certain purpose, I've prepared myself
when I was younger through my own experiences without even knowing it, "..operating
independently in quest of their own full potential" (Beebe, S. & Masterson, J, 2015, p. 57). Being
in a type of survival state of mind at a very young age, joining groups, no matter the
environment, wasn't a goal of mine. I was also exposed to a part of society which is still strong to
this day, homelessness. Being able to help the needy, especially during this time of year; there's
no better way of receiving than to give what is missing in others' lives.
References
Beebe, S. & Masterson, J. 2015. Communicating in small groups: Principles and practices. (11th
ed). TX: Pearson
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Reading the different levels of need in this chapter, self-actualization can best describe my journey to this point. Being in a type of survival state of mind at a very young age, joining groups, no matter the environment, wasn"t a goal of mine. I was also exposed to a part of society which is still strong to this day, homelessness. Being able to help the needy, especially during this time of year; there"s no better way of receiving than to give what is missing in others" lives. Communicating in small groups: principles and practices. (11th ed).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers