BUS 102 Chapter Notes - Chapter Rangan: Corporate Social Responsibility, Harvard Business Review, Social Capital

150 views2 pages
27 Feb 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Rangan, k. , chase, l. , & karim, s. (2015). As societies evolve, there is increased pressure on corporations to have a positive social and environmental impact. This is in line with archie carrol"s pyramid of corporate social responsibility in which he states that corporations are required to make economic profit and follow the laws. He also states that corporations should be expected to behave ethically and desired to engage in philanthropy. In the article, "the truth about csr" by kasturi rangan, lisa chase and sohel karim, they argue that corporate social responsibility initiatives should be in agreement with an organization"s business strategy and values. They believe that businesses are increasingly focusing on the business benefits that these initiatives bring, and not on the initiative itself. In this review, i will analyze the validity and strength of the author"s argument and frame it within the context of our society. I will also utilize my personal experiences to understand their point of view.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers