PHIL 3015 Chapter : Philosphicalproof

15 views2 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor
Hey bro!! so so so glad we got to catch up for so long.. this is the philosophical proof I
was telling you about that I stole from someone's facebook, thought you might like to
see it written down:
"I will provide you a very simple argument for the prolife position. Premise number
One: It is wrong to intentionally kill innocent human beings. Premise number Two:
Abortion innocently kills an innocent human being. Conclusion: Therefore abortion is
wrong. For the sake of time I’ll just assume premise number one, if you think its okay
to intentionally kill innocent human beings…well, although I have arguments to prove
this through natural law, I hope this is something we can agree upon. I don't trust
people that think it is permissible to kill innocent human life and so I usually don't
waste my time arguing with them. I have no desire to argue with people in favor of
genocide.
The problem than becomes premise number two. Can I prove scientifically that
Abortion kills an innocent human being? This requires me to prove that the unborn
life in the mother’s womb is in fact a human being and innocent. If the unborn is in
fact human it is automatically innocent because it doesn’t yet have the rationally
ability to have intentionally have done evil, thus I shall focus only on proving its
humanity, for it is innocent by virtue that the unborn is not yet a moral agent.
I shall use scientific evidence to prove three things: 1. the unborn is alive from the
moment of conception. 2. the unborn is a separate and distinct individual being from
the parent. and 3. the unborn is a member of the species homo sapiens.
1. the unborn is alive from the moment of conception. There is no period of non-life in
the sequence of events from conception to birth. Rather an unbroken continuum of
life stretches from conception to death. The unborn at the moment of conception is
growing biologically and something must be living in order to grow. Non-living things
cannot grow. Besides abortion kills the unborn (which is its purpose), and only
something alive can be killed. Thus, without doubt the unborn entity in the mother’s
womb that has resulted from intercourse is in fact a living organism. However is this
organism simply apart of the women’s body?
2. The unborn is a separate and distinct individual being. The unborn is not merely an
extension of the mother. At the moment of conception the unborn life has a unique
genetic material different from the mother. You can sample any part of the mother’s
body and discover a unique DNA. If it is a part of her body than the cell will be
encoded with her DNA. The living organism resulting from intercourse has a DNA
different from that of the mother. This living organism can even be a different gender
than the mother and develops a separate brain and central nervous system from the
mother, and none of the blood of the mother circulates through the body of the new
organism as it does through every area of her body. Clearly, the unborn’s body is
distinct from the mother’s body; it is a separate body resting in the protective and
nurturing environment of the mother’s womb. Okay so the unborn is both living and
separate from the mother, but none of this in and of itself proves that it is human.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Hey bro!! so so so glad we got to catch up for so long this is the philosophical proof i was telling you about that i stole from someone"s facebook, thought you might like to see it written down: "i will provide you a very simple argument for the prolife position. One: it is wrong to intentionally kill innocent human beings. I don"t trust people that think it is permissible to kill innocent human life and so i usually don"t waste my time arguing with them. I have no desire to argue with people in favor of genocide. This requires me to prove that the unborn life in the mother"s womb is in fact a human being and innocent. If the unborn is in fact human it is automatically innocent because it doesn"t yet have the rationally womb that has resulted from intercourse is in fact a living organism.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers