KIN 2504 Chapter : Ch 6 7 8

13 views15 pages

Document Summary

Need to make up fats in brain, muscle, nerves, bones, lungs, heart, digestive, and reproductive systems: males needs 3-5, females need 12%. Women need more for having kids: storage fat=instillation, padding. Factors: genetics and life styles (food, exercise, etc. : fat mass=body"s total amount of fat tissue, body composition=relative amounts of lean tissue and how much fat tissue is in body. Why do my body size, shape, and composition matter: knowing body composition can help assess health risks, evaluating body size and shape can motivate healthy behavior change. How can i evaluate my body size and shape: calculate your body mass index (bmi), bmi=a number (not percentage). Used to reflect relationship between person"s height and weight. Identify your body"s patterns of fat distribution: android pattern. "pear" shaped: more fat in lower body (hips and thighs, not associated with increased risks females, after menopause, women may change shape to be apple. A real look at real women (with video)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers