ANSC 1011 Chapter : Extra Credit

10 views1 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor
Extra Credit:
Nella Larsen’s Quicksand expanded by idea of what it means to be a person in the
United States. As being of mixed race, I never really took in account of what it meant
to be of mixed race in America. In reality, I feel like people of mixed decent feel
alienated a lot of times, because we feel as if we don’t belong to one particular group
of people- and we don’t. Nevertheless, we often feel alienated from those around us.
From experience, I related to Helga’s feelings of restlessness. I don’t like to be in one
place for very long, I start to feel trapped. Exploring Helga’s journey, I realized that
being American doesn’t mean you have to be one particular thing. America is a land
of exploration, where there is never just one answer to a question. I can be who ever
I chose to be, the limits are endless.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

In reality, i feel like people of mixed decent feel. As being of mixed race, i never really took in account of what it meant. Nella larsen"s quicksand expanded by idea of what it means to be a person in the alienated a lot of times, because we feel as if we don"t belong to one particular group of people- and we don"t. Nevertheless, we often feel alienated from those around us. From experience, i related to helga"s feelings of restlessness. I don"t like to be in one place for very long, i start to feel trapped. Exploring helga"s journey, i realized that being american doesn"t mean you have to be one particular thing. Extra credit: of exploration, where there is never just one answer to a question.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers