PHIL 001 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Christian Existentialism, Doghouse, Søren Kierkegaard

10 views2 pages

Document Summary

As such, the task is to venture wholly to become oneself, an individual human being, this specific individual human being, alone before god, alone in this prodigious strenuousness and this prodigious responsibility. (sud preface) Human being is nowhere to be found in it. My task is a socratic task, to revise the definition of what it is to be a christian. For my part i do not call myself [an ideal] christian," but i am able to make it evident that the others are that still less than i . [and like socrates] to make it evident that the others. Constantly is deploying irony where you are not sure how much he doesn"t know is mocking hagel but with a seriousness underlying it. Leverages rhetorical and literary discourse making use of analogical, figural, parabolic form. How content is presented/understood as vital as what content is presented/understood. Recurring theme: truth in how one approaches/believes what is approached/believed.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers