CRIM 2652 Chapter Notes - Chapter Nov 10 : Racialization, Utopia, Toronto Life

81 views4 pages
30 Nov 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Crim 2652 november 10th readings (cid:862)report of the o(cid:374)tario co(cid:373)(cid:373)issio(cid:374) o(cid:374) yste(cid:373)i(cid:272) ra(cid:272)is(cid:373) i(cid:374) the ca(cid:374)adia(cid:374) cri(cid:373)i(cid:374)al justi(cid:272)e yste(cid:373)(cid:863) de(cid:272). 1992 recommendations to the system in terms of racism in the cjs process. Anti-black racism and racial minorities were all recognized. Minorities are treated worse than white people in the cjs: discrimination, etc, this leads to poverty from social exclusion. Racism has always existed throughout history until now. Racism has shaped immigration and is seen as a basic evil to individual and rights especially. Classification of people based on skin color racism is socially constructed. Racialization may be tolerated by some policies as a norm of the system. People in society should be treated equally and protected from unfair or unjust punishment. Aboriginals, black men, etc. are overrepresented in prison. Discretion = racialization, racial profiling by police (stages of process before imprisonment are not just for the convicted)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers