Psychology 2060 Chapter 1: Ch. 1 for People and Work in Canada 1st ED (online course)

288 views3 pages

Document Summary

Vast majority of canadians work in service sector. Canadian society for industrial & organizational psychology (csiop) defines i/o psych as . I/o psychologists share interests with health, social, and counseling psychologists. Strong bg in psychometrics, statistics, and research methods. Overlaps with organizational behaviour, human resource mgmt. , and industrial relations. Draws on theories and methods of psych to understand/improve the workplace behaviour: 5, box 1. 1 competency areas in i/o psych (training) First two books in i/o were called increasing human efficiency in business and. Wilhelm wundt"s lab starting point for i/o psych. Walter dill scott first professor of applied psych. Founder of the psychological corporation; first i/o consulting firm- james mckeen. Measure of cognitive ability developed for placement of us soldiers during wwi. Job analysis: way of understanding job tasks and requirements through systematic analysis. Series of studies conducted at hawthorne works of the western electric company. Found that productivity improved regardless of change in working conditions.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers