MBB 231 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Catalase, Hair Cell, Lipase

48 views2 pages

Document Summary

Mbb 231 notes (i) catalase: catalyzes the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide to hydrogen and water to protect the cell for oxidative damage. It is mostly found in liver cells. (ii) lipase: breaks down fats (lipids) in food so intestines can absorb it easily. It is mostly found in pancreatic cells: structural proteins (i) keratin: forms protective covering of all land vertebrates. They are found in hair cells. (ii) collagen: form connective ligaments within the body. They are found in skin cells: motility proteins (i) myosin: convert chemical energy (atp) into mechanical energy, generates force and movement (muscle contraction). They are found in almost every cell. (ii) kinesin: supports cellular functions such as cell division via spindle formation and transport cellular cargo. They are found in eukaryotic cells: regulatory proteins (i) tropomyosin: involved in skeletal muscle contraction. They are found in muscle cells. (ii) steroidogenic acute regulatory protein: regulates cholesterol transfer within the mitochondria.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers