BUS 272 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Confirmation Bias, Stereotype, Contact Hypothesis

45 views4 pages

Document Summary

The who am i & how do i feel about myself . Self-concept complexity, consistency, & clarity: complexity: number of distinct roles/identities you have & how well are they separated from each other work-related. Low-complexity is when your identities are interconnected ex. These 3 characteristics can affect one"s well-being. Clarity about your identity increases with age: have better well-being when one has multiple selves(complexity) that are well established(clarity) & similar to each other (consistency) 4 processes that shape self-concept: self-enhancement, self-verification, self-evaluation, social self) A person"s motivation to have & to be perceived by others of having a positive self- Produces a can-do attitude but it can cause people to overestimate as well. People try to confirm & maintain their existing self-concept. Seek feedback & try to see if the its consistent with how one really behave as they think. Self-verification vs. self-enhancement; critiques about weakness vs. compliments.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers