PSYC 420 Chapter Notes - Chapter 9: Latent Variable, Extraversion And Introversion, Emo

10 views8 pages

Document Summary

Reading guide for self-monitoring by fuglestad and snyder. Is thought to draw extensively on features of the situation to construct desired self-p"s. Draws on salient inner dispositions and attitudes to guide beh. Acting (i would prob make a good actor); extraversion (in a grp of ppl, i"m rarely the center of attention); & other-directedness (i guess i out on a show to impress ppl) Evidence that structure of the self-m items corresponds to a common latent v that correlates w all 3 subscales and reflects 2 classes of inds (high and low self-m) Self-m reps a unified construct related to wide range of self-presentational behs. Diffs btwn inds that become amplified over time have substantial genetic component. Children who receive little attention from their caretakers dev strategy designed to gain the attention and regard of others high self-m strategy. Self-m scores were stable overtime for each age grp. Self-m not reliably related to these measures for girls.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers