PSYCH 100 Study Guide - Final Guide: Somatic Nervous System, Peripheral Nervous System, Autonomic Nervous System

45 views10 pages
elihung and 39236 others unlocked
PSYCH 100 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 100 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
20 documents

Document Summary

Psych 100 final exam review: perspectives in psychology: Psychodynamic: emphasizes the inner, unconscious forces within the individual. Humanistic: regards humans as having unique qualities that makes us different from animals. i. ii. iii. iv. v. vi. vii. viii. ix. x. xi. i. ii. iii. iv. v. i. ii. iii. iv. v: landmarks in psychology: 4 temperaments (1879): choleric: angry, sanguine: cheerful, melancholic: sad, phlegmatic: calm. Blank slate: something that has yet to be marked. Introspection: record your thought, map out the thought process; structuralism: understanding the structure of the mind. Stream of consciousness: activities of the mind (functionalism) A hypothesis is a specific, testable prediction about what you expect to happen in your study: types of research designs: Archival: use existing information from an appropriate data source. Naturalistic observation: observe naturally occurring behavior in a specific set of situations. Survey research: choose a sample to represent a larger population and ask them a series of questions.