PSYCH 101 Study Guide - Final Guide: Normative Social Influence, Stanford Prison Experiment, Social Loafing

399 views11 pages
4 Dec 2017
School
Department
Course
ambergoat985 and 35 others unlocked
PSYCH 101 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
30 documents

Document Summary

Psych 101 - exam 3 (final exam) study guide - social and personality psychology. Social role is a set of norms that characterize how people in a given social position ought to behave. Understand its 3 types of social influences and other factors affecting conformity: Compliance: submission made in reaction to a request. k instead of original price of k! ) then increase cost of same behavior ( sorry, i spoke with my manager and the best i can do is. Social loafing: people expend less individual effort when working in a group than when working alone. Collective effort model: people put forth as much effort as they expect is needed to reach collective goal. Person believes individual performance is not being monitored. Task or group has less value or meaning to person. Understand the 4 key features (symptoms) of groupthink. Groupthink: tendency of group members to suspend critical thinking because they are striving to seek agreement.