BIO 198 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Sister Chromatids, Homologous Chromosome, Dihybrid Cross

51 views9 pages
30 Sep 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Genes the physical unit of heredity. Chromosomes condense groups of dna that contain genes and are found in homologous pairs (homologs); each part of the pair has the same genes on it, but possibly different variations of the gene which are called alleles. There are 64 codons (one start and three stop) and they code for 20 amino acids. Evolution the theory created by charles darwin that all organisms are related by a common ancestor and have diversified over time. Requirements for evolution variation in phenotype, phenotypic traits are hereditary, certain phenotypic traits allow higher survival/reproductive success. Replicate analysis doing the same test again and again to ensure the same results. Reciprocal analysis doing the test where the opposite is true (i. e. parental phenotypes are switched so male is red and female is white, when before male was white and female was red) Test cross testing a dominant phenotype to the recessive homozygous version to dete(cid:396)(cid:373)i(cid:374)e the do(cid:373)i(cid:374)a(cid:374)t phe(cid:374)ot(cid:455)pe"s ge(cid:374)ot(cid:455)pe.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers