IST 233 Study Guide - Final Guide: Routing Table, Delivery (Commerce), Address Resolution Protocol

49 views6 pages

Document Summary

It only knows the first-hop router: after that, routers dynamically select the best next-hop router based on routing protocol metrics. Ip/icmp/arp: layer 4: transport (tcp/udp, end-to-end reliability for networked applications, the tcp process on my computer communicates with the tcp. If my network address is 128. 230. 37. 0 and my subnet mask is 255. 255. 255. 0, how many host addresses are available on my network: structure of ipv4 address: Ipv4 is the dominant version of ip today: the version number in its header is 4 (0100, the diff-serv field can be used to assign priority to certain packets (qos) Private ip addresses have three designated ranges: 10. x. x, 192. 168. x. x, and 172. 16. x. x through. 172. 31. x. x: three elements of hierarchical ip address in syr univ: ex. 128. 171: every ip address has one, network is an organzational concept. Identifies hosts" network on the internet: 2. 17. : large organizations difivde further into their networks its smaller units, 3.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers