PSY 103 Study Guide - Final Guide: Eyewitness Memory, Soup Spoon, Sensory Memory

188 views23 pages

Document Summary

Negative reinforcement: you take something away to increase the frequency of behavior. (i. e. you do not yell when the dog goes outside so it goes outside more) Operant extinction: when a behavior no longer produces specific consequences. Punisher: a stimulus that decreases the frequency of a response. Positive punishment: you add something to decrease the frequency of a response (i. e. you yell at a dog when it pees inside, you are adding yelling to try and decrease the amount of a time dog goes potty inside) Negative punishment: you take something away to decrease the frequency of a response (i. e. you take a child"s toy away when they are bad, to decrease when they have a tantrum) Three term contingency: skinner believed all behavior could be explained by this. Primary reinforce: biological reinforces such as food and water. Conditioned rein forcers: non-biological reinforcers i. e. money, praise. Ucr: unconditioned response, the behavior elicited by the ucs ( god drools)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers