CHEM 24112 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Iron(Iii) Sulfate, Molar Mass, Silver Chloride

111 views2 pages
CHEM 112
QUEST #4 STUDY QUIDE & PRACTICE
Quest #4 is comprised of 10 multiple-choice questions. Quests will be collected at 12:55 so be sure and practice the
questions many times so you can do them quickly. You will be given a periodic table and scratch paper to show your
extra work.
Here’s how points will be assigned on Quest #4:
Each problem is worth 5 points.
If your scantron answer is correct (i.e. if you choose the correct multiple-choice answer), you will be
automatically rewarded 5 points. I will not look over extra work on these problems.
If your scantron answer is incorrect, you will lose 2 points. In order to receive the other 3 points, I will
look for your work.
oI will award 3 points if your work is mostly correct AND you have included a unit on your final
answer.
oI will award 2 points if your work is not quite correct with the correct unit OR if your work is
mostly correct and you do not have a unit on your answer.
oI will award 1 point if your work is not quite correct and you have no unit OR if your work is
totally wrong but you have included the unit.
Instead of making a separate practice test, I decided to give you some ‘short answer’ questions (with answers) that will
simulate the ten questions you will do on the exam.
1. Calculate the mass of a) 5.2 mol of argon and b) 0.212 mol of silver chloride.
2. Calculate the molar mass of N2O5.
3. Calculate the molar mass of iron(III) sulfate.
4. What is the percent mass of carbon in C3H8?
5. Balance this equation: CH4 + O2 CO2 + H2O. What is the mole ratio of O2 to CH4?
6. Balance this equation: MgCl2 + AgNO3 AgCl + Mg(NO3) 2. How many moles of AgCl will be produced if we
start with 2.52 g of MgCl2?
7. Balance this equation: CaSO4 + NaCl CaCl2 + Na2SO4. How many grams of CaCl2 would be produced if we
started with 11.3 g of NaCl?
8. Balance the equation: PbSO4 + Rb2O PbO + Rb2SO4. If I start with 9.32 g of each reactant, which reactant is
limiting AND how much PbO will be formed?
9. An unknown substance contains carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. It is 40% carbon and 6.7% hydrogen. What is
the empirical formula of this compound? [We didnt do one like this in class (with three different atoms). The
one on the exam will only have two types of atoms.]
10. In a synthesis, I calculate my theoretical yield to be 16.2 g of CrCl3. When I weigh the product, I only have 10.7 g
of product. What is the percent yield?
1. a) 208 g and b) 30.4 g
2. 108 g/mol
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class