BIO 211 Study Guide - Comprehensive Final Exam Guide - Protein, Phosphorylation, Cell Membrane

248 views43 pages

Document Summary

Prior to week 1 class 1 pp. Can skip sections on phosphoinositides mark organelles and membrane domains, not all transport vesicles are spherical. Golgi and er membranes: what nsf is, and what role it plays in cells, catalyzes disassembly of snares, hexameric atpase, uses energy of atp hydrolysis to unravel interactions between snares. Inactivates small g protein: coat is respo(cid:374)si(cid:271)le for for(cid:373)i(cid:374)g (cid:448)esi(cid:272)le a(cid:374)d deter(cid:373)i(cid:374)i(cid:374)g (cid:449)hat"s i(cid:374)side, after vesicle formation, coat is removed, dynamin. Involved in pinching off vesicle, not involved in forming coat: membrane tethering, holding onto vesicle after coat falls off, helps vesicle determine what compartment it is supposed to travel to. Involves rab proteins: rab gtp binds to rab effector on membrane, membrane fusion. Prior to week 1 class 2 pp. 710-728 can skip the sections on vesicular tubular clusters mediate transport from the er to the golgi apparatus, proteoglycans are assembled in the.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers