POLS 230 Final: Week 1 Readings

58 views2 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 4 notes (cid:862)party rules a(cid:374)d their i(cid:373)pact: the legal e(cid:374)viro(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t. Presidential nominees are sele(cid:272)ted (cid:271)y the delegates (cid:449)ho atte(cid:374)d their party"s (cid:374)atio(cid:374)al convention these delegates are chosen through the electoral college. Uscc gave the parties gave the parties the authority to dictate rules for their own conventions. The increasing public pressure to reflect popular sentiment and improve representation more primaries and delegates selected in them. Thus turnout has increased but partisan electorate participation varies, depending on the date, money spent, intraparty competition. But in the end many fewer people participate in the nomination contests compared to the general election the lower the turnout, the more influential party activists tend to be. Chapter 5 notes (cid:862)ca(cid:373)paig(cid:374)i(cid:374)g for the no(cid:373)i(cid:374)atio(cid:374)(cid:863) Coordinating strategy with candidacy status: campaigning as a front-runner. They need to stay in the lead and defy expectations otherwise its not news worthy and they lose media attention: campaigning as a non-front runner.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers