POLS 150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Social Isolation

7 views2 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 12: profiles of diff nations (6-7 pages only of it: g: competent, but detached political culture. 10/02/19: technologically advanced, modern economic, educational, could mass communication systems, voting, political cognition one high, non-voting and group-oriented political participation limited, high inter partisan antagonism i. Fewer opportunities to parties to find common ground: cynicism towards government greater than bureaucracy. Tendency to approach bureaucracy: satisfaction, but apathetic towards political system, history of defeat, division, and dictatorship. Divided community (geographical & political: orientation of political culture more like subject-role than participant, not feeling unified. Poli system can"t produce as many outputs bc power brokers can"t agree=less outputs=less civil satisfaction. Limited to economic issues & social issues ** i. i. i. ii. Social isolation and distrust a: despite traditions of family and patriarchy, perception that social environment is full of threats and danger i. This is the where the civic culture comes from.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers