POLS 150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Party System, First-Past-The-Post Voting, Plurality Voting System

7 views3 pages

Document Summary

*ch 3(feelings ab gov) & 4(partisanship) of civic culture: perception of opposing partisans, us: most positive i. i. i. ii. Democrats and republicans think of each other most favorably b. Parties view each other in hostile/antagonistic ways: m more positive than uk and g d. Ie trump voters: voters w/ low edu attainment levels led him to victory, political strategy. Closer political beliefs=more opportunities for political compromise. Lots of middle ground=policies that reflect it=less reason for hostility. Debate doesn"t work if there"s no common ground. In the absence of conflict political institutions are unnecessary. In the absence of [refer to audio 13:30: frequency of talking politics with other people. In certain situations ie under developed econ system=ppl less interested in politics bc of under developed edu system=limited political knowledge. Other situations: politics not talked bc in conjurs lots of bad memories (ie i & g: us highest b, uk higher than g and m.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers