SOC 1001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Microaggression Theory, Hegemonic Masculinity, Deodorant

27 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

There are some trends toward parity over the last decade or two. Me(cid:290) a(cid:290)d (cid:363)o(cid:289)e(cid:290) do(cid:290)(cid:910)t (cid:289)ake the sa(cid:289)e a(cid:289)ou(cid:290)t of (cid:289)o(cid:290)e(cid:369) a(cid:290)d substa(cid:290)tial se(cid:368) differences in earnings remain. In some large, economically successful cities, however, the gender gap may be shrinking or even reversing among young adults. May be due to higher enrollment of females in colleges. The younger you are, the smaller the difference in earnings between men and women, when you get older, there is a bigger disparity. Earnings go up until you reak peak career earnings and then go down towards retirement. (cid:907)opti(cid:290)g out(cid:908): choices i(cid:290) career a(cid:290)d i(cid:290)terrupted career choices. Men: paid work went down and housework went up. Women: paid work went up and housework went down but there is no relative change in child care for men. Sex: (born) the biological differences that distinguish males from females. Points to nature side of the equation, though becomes socially relevant.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers