AGNG 320 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Hyperglycemia, 3 Lbs, Mexican Americans

27 views3 pages

Document Summary

Mrs. velasquez is a 72 year old mexican american who is seeking your professional assistance in helping her lose weight through healthy nutrition. She recently developed diabetes which, she was told is a disease of high blood sugar caused by poor nutritional habits. Review the discussion board activity description & grading rubric prior to completing this activity (see syllabus) As i develop mrs. velasquez"s weight loss nutritional program i will keep in mind that she was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I would apply precede framework to assess mrs. velasquez readiness for change. According to harber, precede stands for predisposing, reinforcing and enabling. Her willingness to seek my professional assistance in helping her lose weight shows that she is determined towards with initiative. It shows that she wants a better tomorrow for herself. This is a very positive thing and she must be encouraged for her effort. I would be very positive with her always and try to avoid any negativity.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers