POL 3 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Autocracy, Isotopes Of Polonium, Alexander Litvinenko

45 views4 pages

Document Summary

The system - countries, all of actors interacting with one another. International relations - interactions between different types of actors (cid:840)not only interactions outside of the u. s. (cid:841); comparing political/economic characteristics of countries" internal characteristics. Vs. comparative politics - the internal politics of a certain country. There can be overlap between ir and cp. Of internationally: ex. )hy did john mccain vote no on american health care act, represents interests of constituents/psychological and personal preference. The (cid:873)fine grained(cid:874) approach six levels i. ii. iii. iv. i. ii. i. ii: three levels of analysis a. (cid:873)man(cid:874) Individual level of analysis: ex. psychology of hitler to explain why ))ii occurred, explaining an event through individual beliefs of a person b. (cid:873)the state(cid:874) Domestic level of analysis: )hen countries do things, they are responding to domestic/political pressures, ex. obama drone campaign; america is sensitive to soldier casualty, so the obama administration felt pressured to launch the campaign c. (cid:873))ar(cid:874) i. ii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers