CHID 230 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Disability Studies, Asperger Syndrome

14 views2 pages

Document Summary

Title: disability and the justification of inequality in american history. Summary: in this piece, author douglas c. bayton highlights the use of disability the history of. Here, bayton discusses how disability was used both as an argument for and against the impositions of inequalities in society. Author: douglas c. bayton: throughout this piece it is very clear what the author"s stance is. So much so that the possibility of discrimination against disabled people in the discussion of immigration has gone almost completely unrecognized. Never had i been asked to consider the effects of denying disability due to its derogatory connotations until this piece brought up the suffrage movement: author douglas c baynton has a broad history studying disability. Specifically his focus of his research and teaching centers on the ways in which social understandings of disability have evolved throughout time. This situates baynton in a particular specialized field. Title: look me in the eye: my life with asperger"s.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers