BIOL 1081 Lecture Notes - Lecture 23: Mendelian Inheritance, Genetic Linkage, Sister Chromatids

200 views5 pages
19 Sep 2017
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Meiosis & genetic variation reading: sections 13. 3-13. 4 in textbook: draw a labeled figure of the sequence of different phases of meiosis, indicating what occurs during each phase, compare and contrast meiosis i and meiosis ii. The number of chromosomes is reduced to half (from diploid to haploid state) Crossing over occurs which makes the two chromatids of a chromosome different. An interphase having both growth phases and synthetic phase precedes meiosis i. In prophase i, sister chromatids have convergent arms. The two chromatids of a replicated chromosome separate. The number of chromosomes remains the same (from haploid to haploid state) The generally different chromatids of a chromosome are separated. The interphase or interkinesis has only growth phase. In prophase ii, the sister chromatids have divergent arms. A process of asexual reproduction in which the cell divides in 2 producing a replica, with an equal number of chromosomes in each resulting diploid cell.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers