PSYC 361 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Time Signature, Collectivism, Adaptive System

17 views4 pages

Document Summary

Otds: understand different conceptualizations of diversity and best diversity management practices, understand the nature of culture and its relevance for research and practice in i/o psychology. Degree to which individuals are expected to look after themselves versus remaining integrated into groups. Individualist: i conscious , calculative relationships- benefit to themselves. Feel need to look after group even if it doesn"t directly benefit the person themselves. Degree to which less powerful members of an organization accept and expect an unequal distribution of power: low power distance. Little status difference between leaders and subordinates. Can challenge power differentials: high power distance. Large status differences between leaders and subordinates. Power not challenged, loyalty to leader is rewarded. How do different countries compare on these dimensions? (draw in usa standing) Individualist- high for us and low on power distance. Western: hire applicant with best ksas, hire based on what applicants can do for me now.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers