PSY 332 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Used Car, Bargaining, Negotiation

10 views5 pages
8 Dec 2020
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Overview: what is negotiation, different types of negotiation, competitive. I made up my mind, dedicated to getting rid of car: sold car for less than half blue book value, balls! Insufficient practice: feels like you"re bringing honey to a gun fight. Competing with competitive negotiation: craft & execute skills to help dissolve or ease other party"s win/loss mentality, not a threat to identity/face, difficult! Takes time and practice: seven elements of principled negotiation. Interested in their view: employ narrative questions, rather than simple yes/no. Linking your points to other"s points: e. g. , to your point i agree with that part. Integrating -> more creative solutions: e. g. , borrowing the car, nonspecific compensation, e. g. , tradeoffs, find legitimate criteria, for each possible alternative, jointly determine: Disadvantages of integrative bargaining: can create pressure to compromise too easily, biasing dialogue toward cooperation can lead to short-changing oneself, can avoid confrontational strategies when they"re needed, e. g. , dire, emergency situation.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers