PGY 300 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Adenosine, Cardiac Muscle, Alter Channel

101 views3 pages

Document Summary

Different proteins are responsible for different function of the vesicle a. iv) Snare proteins: on the surface, match to the presynaptic membrane, dock on the right spot (a. iv. 1) Botulinum toxin prevents snare protein and affects vesicle release: life cycle of a synaptic vesicle. Loading storage mobilization docking (bind with snare protein)to the membrane priming calcium sensing (signal to release) fusion and release nt to the synaptic space vesicle becomes a part of the membrane endocytosis, translocation and to be reused b. i) function of ca2+ (b. i. 1) Recruits reserve pool vesicles to be docked b. ii) how does ca2+ come in voltage gated ca2+ channel b. iii) Calcium and vesicles are close to each other, everything is tightly controlled (b. iii. 2) No need to travel far since the postsynaptic receptors are right opposite (b. iii. 3) Slowest: calcium goes into the cell: nt recycling c. i) remove nt by uptake system by to glia cells (astrocytes) most common c. ii) break down the nt with enzymes (c. ii. 1)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers