BIO 447 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Interleukin 4, Phospholipid, Interleukin 3

51 views2 pages
21 Dec 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Allergen/immunogen, dose of allergen, route of exposure/administration, host genetics. Atopic allergy: genetic mis-regulation of ige production or response. Immediate hypersensitivity: within minutes (type i) or hours (type ii and iii) Ag induces cross-linking of ige bound to mast cells/basophils causes release of vasoactive mediators. Non ige initiators of type i hypersensitivity: complement activation products, anaphylotoxins: c3a, c4a, c5a, drugs: acth, codeine, morphine, penicillin. The process: initially - caused by prior sensitization that results in immune response, mediated by cd4+ lymphocytes promote mast cell/plasma cell production of ige. To treat type i immediate hypersensitivity: block effects of primary mediators on target cells (respiratory smooth muscles, vascular endothelium, block the binding of his to receptors - Antihistamines, cortisone: block ca2+ ion influx (cromolyn, block effects of ca2+ ion influx, keep camp from falling (theophylline) Increased camp production (adrenaline: hyposensitization repeated injections of increasing doses of allergen, shift from ige to igg production or induce t-cell mediated suppression.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers