BIO 203 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: B Vitamins, Pancreatic Lipase Family, Enteropeptidase

62 views3 pages

Document Summary

Fats: pepsinogen is an inactive coenzyme, converted to active form after release, activated where needed. Ogen or pro- indicates an inactive form of an enzyme: activation of protein-digesting enzymes in small intestine. Describe what happens in each step of fat digestion/absorption labeled a-e. I am stored in fat globules as polymers of triglycerides. I am coated by bile salts and begin to get emulsified by fats. I am fully emulsified/broken down by pancreatic lipase to produce fatty acid(s) and become a monomer. I am diffused into the small intestinal epithelial cells. I am resynthesized (as a triglyceride) and packaged into chylomicrons polymer again: card activity #3 fill in the chart with information on digestive hormones. Low ph in duodenum caused by acid chyme. Raises the ph in duodenum for increased digestion. Amino acids and fatty acids in the duodenum. Decreased flow of acid chyme to the small intestine.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers