ESL 015 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Thesis Statement

46 views3 pages
Tuesday November 14, 2017
Researched Argumentative Problem/Solution Essays!
Yesterday a Canvas email was sent letting you know that there is a calendar opened up on
Canvas for you to sign up for a required one-on-one conference with me to discuss your
Researched Argumentative Problem/Solution Essay. These 15-minute slots are available on a
FIRST-COME-FIRST-SERVED basis. Please come prepared to discuss the concepts dealt with
in today’s peer review such as:
thesis statements
paragraphs and unity
a clearly defined problem
consideration of the various stakeholders’ perspectives and interests
multiple, plausible solutions
why the solution(s) you argue for is/are better than other solutions that aren’t as good
any issues mentioned in my 1st draft feedback
any other questions you may have about the Researched Argumentative Problem/Solution
Essay and Presentation.
Selected time slots are available on:
Thursday November 16
Monday November 27
Tuesday November 28
Thursday November 30
Monday December 3
Tuesday December 4
This meeting is very important. Do not miss it.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Sign up for one-on-one conferences to discuss your. Yesterday a canvas email was sent letting you know that there is a calendar opened up on. Canvas for you to sign up for a required one-on-one conference with me to discuss your. Please come prepared to discuss the concepts dealt with in today"s peer review such as: Consideration of the various stakeholders" perspectives and interests. Why the solution(s) you argue for is/are better than other solutions that aren"t as good. Any issues mentioned in my 1st draft feedback. Any other questions you may have about the researched argumentative problem/solution. Selected time slots are available on: thursday november 16, monday november 27, tuesday november 28, thursday november 30, monday december 3, tuesday december 4. For our problem/solution essays, our thesis statement (3-6 sentences) should briefly state the problem, mention the stakeholders and point towards the one, best solution (or combination of solutions).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers