PSY 370 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Belongingness, Human Nature, Type A And Type B Personality Theory

34 views8 pages

Document Summary

Lower needs must be satisfied before we can proceed to higher needs. Need hierarchy emerges during development, with lower needs emerging earlier in life than higher needs: needs: Self-actualization i. ii. iii. iv. v. i: characteristics of self-actualizing persons: 15 characteristics, including: Spontaneous, problem centered, affinity for solitude, democratic values, and creativity: rogers" contributions, focused on ways to foster and attain self-actualization, fully functioning person i. Therapist must express unconditional positive regard for the client. Empathic understanding - client must feel that the therapist understands him or her: differences in perception, priming antecedent to a behavior ( no is antecedent to a child"s tantrum) i. Activation of concepts: events, memories, emotions ii. Subconscious action that comes from somewhere that creates unconscious/subconscious behaviors: positive and negative effects on your own life and those around you, chronic accessibility, when priming doesn"t fade ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers