PSYC 2600 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Viktor Frankl, Human Nature

50 views3 pages

Document Summary

February 27, 2018: conscious awareness of needs, choice and personal responsibility. We become fulfilled when we attempt to physiological, intellectual and emotional needs: formative tendency - we evolve, change and become different. Person centered theory: balance between maintenance and enhancement, the self and self actualization. The self: the self concept, the ideal self. Incongruence when these are not congruent, psychological health may hurt. If i do this, will i be incongruent to the things i want to be: anxiety results when people get off track in pursuit of self-actualization. Barriers to psychological health: conditions of worth, am i doing what i want to do, or what other people want me to do, career, school, choosing partners, etc. Incongruence: defensiveness, psychological imbalance person back on path toward self-actualization, three conditions for therapeutic progress, vulnerability unaware of the discrepancy, anxiety threat, disorganization when defenses fail. Rogers(cid:495) contributions: rogers(cid:495) approach to therapy (client-centered therapy) is designed to get a.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers