PHIL 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Divine Command Theory, Cultural Relativism, Honor Killing

77 views2 pages

Document Summary

Moral judgements: pays attention to what people think is right and what people think is wrong at certain periods of time, prescriptive social cultural relativists b. i. Moral rightness or wrongness of actions is relative to the basic norms of the culture or society in which the actions being evaluated are preformed b. iii. Is any moral commitment actually better than another? b. iv. A man kills his daughter because she wanted to marry someone else, under this theory this action is just: descriptive social cultural relativists c. i. Simply states that there are differences between cultures c. ii. No implication to actually what is morally right and morally wrong: william gram summner d. i. Look at the origins of morally right and wrong d. i. 1. Our views can be traced to the origins in primitive social relations d. i. 1. a. Why muslims and jews do not eat pork? d. i. 1. b. Pigs have thgosis and it will kill you d. i. 1. c. Look at responses to going against something d. i. 2. a.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers