CAS PS 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Positron Emission Tomography, Empiricism, Dogma

33 views5 pages
Verified Note

Document Summary

Cas ps101 lecture 5 research methods: song of the day: 6b panorama - aesop rock (cid:1688)i believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I"ll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. Only complicate this theory if evidence demands it. If further evidence challenges your theory, then you can change it, but ockham"s. Razor is good for common sense until it has been challenged because it is more likely to be encountered that the alternatives. Context makes a big difference: studying humans is uniquely difficult due to our, complexity: ex. The human brain is made up of 500 billion interconnected neurons. How do these give rise to behavior: variability: ex. No two people ever do, say, think or feel exactly the same under exactly the same circumstances: we experience different things and we articulate those things differently. It is a comprehensive explanation of observable events and conditions.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers