BI110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 23: Light-Independent Reactions, Photosynthetic Pigment, Electromagnetic Spectrum

19 views8 pages
27 Nov 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Don"t forget you"re responsible for covering what we don"t cover in lecture until end of chapter 8. Extra office hours this thursday, 12:30 to 2 in n3021. Light absorption: remember that calvin cycle is the second stage of photosynthesis, so now we have to back track to the. Leaves efficiently absorb light across most of the visible spectrum: chlorophyll is a photosynthetic pigment. In a plant cell: absorption of visible light by an antenna chlorophyll results in the transfer of energy to an electron in a neighboring chlorophyll molecule. The result is the conversion of light energy into a chemical form: what happens when chlorophyll absorbs light electrons get excited, chlorophyll is the key molecule that absorbs light for photosynthesis. I produces electron donor molecules capable of reducing. Nadp+: electrons have most energy when associated with photosystem i. Ps ii and ps i: photosystem ii supplies electrons to the beginning of the etc.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers