GEOB 270 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Vancouver International Airport, W87, Decimal Degrees

58 views18 pages

Document Summary

Understanding spatial data - spatial entities, co-ordinate systems, datums, map. Expanding vancouver airport --> by looking at environmental/social analysis for building a new runway. Scale is how we classify if something is an area or line. Scale as an application could also be applied. Attributes are also dependent on what you want to do with the data. Data: in the form of observations, raw numbers, tables, field notes. Information: you take the raw data to make information out of it, in order to do so: -> more relative to attribute data that you attach to data layer. Connection --> what are the connections between the data (i. e. connection --> what are the connections between the data (i. e. Spatial features/entities: deals with mostly points, polylines, areas, surfaces (3d analysis - usually just a raster surface/data model) and networks (uses networks to figure out where to go, i. e. vector polylines)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers