FMST 210 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Autobiographical Memory, Social Comparison Theory, Egocentrism

19 views6 pages
18 Feb 2020
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Identify the self as a physically unique being. As they become more aware = intentional behavior conflicts w/ others. Can be focus of others" emotional reactions. Goodness or badness (i"m a good girl) View themselves as: unique, always existing, live in a world of others. What a person believes makes him or her a unique individual. I"m 4 yrs old i got a new red t-shirt . Start to include emotions and membership in social groups (school age) Talk about positive and negative personality traits. I"m an honest person, but i lose my temper . Judge abilities, behavior, personality in relation to others. Future oriented: what they will be when they reach adulthood. Eggdrop book friends think you"re sloppy. Performance is being watched constantly by their peers. Personal fable: believe their experiences and feelings are unique. No one has ever felt or thought as they do. Time of self-reflection and formation of identity.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers