FRHD 2280 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Identity Formation, Emerging Adulthood And Early Adulthood, Cognitive Development

63 views5 pages

Document Summary

In emerging adulthood, the effects of parental divorce are most evident in greater problems in which area of life: forming close romantic relationships, committing to a career, starting a family of their own, maintaining social relationships. Peers: people who have certain aspects of their status in common. In social science: people of a similar age. Friends: people you share a valued, mutual relationship with. Ee (cid:272)lose frie(cid:374)ds as (cid:862)getti(cid:374)g(cid:863) the(cid:373) (cid:373)ore tha(cid:374) pare(cid:374)ts do. Who provides you with the most emotional support: 4th graders: parents, 7th graders: parents and same gender friends, 10th graders: same gender friends, university students: romantic partners. Quality of relationship with parents has an impact on friend relationships: both directly and indirectly, pool of peers (direct, communicate approval or disapproval (direct or indirect, parenting styles (indirect) I can tell my friends anything and they will understand. A close friend has emotions just like mine. Close friends accept me for who i really am.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers