PSYC 3533 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Subdermal Implant, Endometrial Cancer, Emergency Contraception

49 views5 pages

Document Summary

Iud and ius: spermicides, cervical caps and sponges, condoms male and female, withdrawal, fertility awareness methods, sterilization. Less reliance on memory: does(cid:374)"t i(cid:374)terfere with i(cid:374)tercourse, available for those who should not take the pill, no period (amenorrhea, reversible, no lethal side effects, may result in irreversible bone loss in some women. Ius effective for 5 years (because of hormones: advantages, highly effective. Iud lasts up to 12 years: does(cid:374)"t i(cid:374)terrupt i(cid:374)tercourse, no remembering, easy to use, completely reversible, disadvantages: Iud can cause increased menstrual cramps and flow and irregular bleeding (10-20% of women: no protectio(cid:374) fro(cid:373) sti"s, maybe contraceptive overkill for a woman that has intercourse infrequently, could come out and need reinsertion, cost. Male condom: a thin sheath that is rolled over the erect penis before entering the vagina, made of latex, polyurethane or animal tissue, quite effective, perfect user = ~2%, typical user = 18%

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers