PSYC 215 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Trait Theory, Bulimia Nervosa, Attachment Theory

13 views5 pages

Document Summary

Types (e. g. , friendship, family, romantic) and styles (e. g. , companionate, passionate) of relationships. Evolution has wired humans to seek closeness and, thereby, emotional security. Expectancies about whether others will be available and responsive. Working models of how best to achieve closeness and emotional security. Following are several general relationship styles that people often report. Choose the description corresponding to the style that best describes you or is closest to the way you are. Secure: i find it relatively easy to get close to others and am comfortable depending on them and having them depend on me. I don"t often worry about being abandoned or about someone getting too close. Avoidant: i am somewhat uncomfortable being close; i find it difficult to trust others completely, difficult to allow myself to depend on them. I am nervous when anyone gets close, and often, love partners want me to be more intimate than i feel comfortable being.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers