SOCI-100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Juvenile Delinquency, General Social Survey, Restorative Justice

34 views6 pages

Document Summary

Only these sections + lectures will be on the final plus 9&10. Bottom of 293-299, wide spread and moral panic, disasters (295) Chapter overview: social control, deviance, crime, theorizing deviance, theorizing our perceptions of and reactions to deviance. We are all participants in social control, which is directed at unacceptable (deviant) acts. They go against the norms of what is appropriate. Social control: actions intended to prevent, correct, punish, fix , or cure people, behaviours, and characteristics that are perceived as unacceptable. (abc"s of deviance) I have expectations that are made by my mom to have stayed home friday night and study because of finals coming up. She expected me to study this morning because i came to school early. You wait in line at tim hortons, you don"t go behind the counter to get your order. I didn"t drink all week because i had home work (informal) Directed at others or directed at ourselves.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers