PSYC 441 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Paranoid Personality Disorder, Community Studies, Personality Disorder

40 views5 pages

Document Summary

Social problems in sz: violence and victimization, suicide, substance misuse, homelessness, unemployment, mortality. Relationship between sz and violence: how common is it, >1% of people with sz might commit a violent act: 3-4% of prison population has a psychotic disorder (i. e. there is a relationship between people in prison and psychotic disorders; this relationship is not big however): i. However, the rate of sz patients who commit murders is higher than expected. b. In the community studies from sweden, denmark, new zealand and finland rate of violence was 2-7 times greater: Correlated with higher levels of violence for people with sz (and for everyone else). Substances like alcohol can also boost levels of aggression: personality disorders: Those later diagnosed with sz are more likely to have been aggressive as children and to have a diagnosis such as conduct disorder. Surprisingly inconsistent evidence linking violence to hallucinations or delusions: i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers