PSYC 441 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Schizotypal Personality Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, Delusional Disorder

37 views4 pages

Document Summary

What is schizophrenia: dsm-v, schizophrenia definition, part of a spectrum of disorders: The person only has delusions (i. e. fixed beliefs that interfere with their function). Have psychotic symptoms but only for a short period of time. Certain drugs they are taking (wrong doses). Dementia: schizophrenia symptoms, more than 2 of the following symptoms; present for 1 month; at least one of the symptoms must be #1, 2 or 3: Disorganized speech (sign of though disorder; i. e. it should be called disorganized thoughts). Grossly disorganized behavior (e. g. , dressing inappropriately, crying frequently, wearing many coats, tinfoil hats) or catatonic behavior (e. g. , twirling hair): It"s a lack of social monitoring/the belief that what we are doing may be odd. Negative symptoms (like symptoms of depression, so it may be difficult to distinguish between the two): Diminished emotional expression (e. g. , no expression when talking about a sad situation) Avolition (i. e. diminished motivation; e. g. , not being motivated to clean the house).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers